After 21 years, our private, carefully curated community of some of the most influential individuals & companies in the 3D, CG, FX, Animation & related industries from around the globe transitioned to a modest subscription model.
MEMBERSHIP DUES (*$12 year or $60 lifetime)
After 1 year, the cost of 3D-PRO membership is $1 (USD) per month — paid in an annual sum of $12 (which pays for the previous 12 months). Alternatively, members can pay a one-time lifetime membership fee of $60 (USD) at any time to bypass any future annual fees.
*prices subject to change
You don’t have to know in advance. Members are provided with 1 full year from the start of their list.3dpro.org subscription date to determine whether 3D-PRO is worth $1 per month and then given the option to continue their membership by paying for the previous 12 months to continue their membership.
Members also have the option of purchasing a lifetime membership to avoid any future billing for the life of our community.
* Any and all payments are applicable from the time we took permanent location at list.3dpro.org and only account from the time of this transition moving forward. Any association with our former host/address is hereby terminated. Anyone desiring a “refund” for any past donations or anything they mistakenly believed were payments for support or otherwise that they believe are associated in any way with our former host or were contributed for commercial services or were made under false pretenses may request one if desired.
What $1 a month is paying for:
The following list is neither comprehensive nor intended to convince you of the value of our community. Again, this is something that you will have 1 full year to determine for yourself. This list simply exists as a potential reminder of things that may not be immediately obvious to you.
It is entirely possible that the reason you wish to join the list.3dpro.org list and support and be a part our community may have nothing to do with anything listed below.
- Access to a private & carefully curated community of top 3D/CG/FX professionals from around the globe including:
- Some of the most influential people and companies in the industry
- Software developers, plugin creators, authors, instructors, directors, Academy Award winners, TED speakers, and more
- A community composed of artists, programmers, animators, riggers, TDs, and more from nearly every major English speaking 3D/CG/FX and Animation related studio in the world
- A simple delivery system and high signal/low noise access to the knowledge & information shared by this community
- A place where individuals & companies are able to freely promote themselves, their work & their products with potential financial benefits
- A place where companies/individuals are allowed to post job opportunities (fill positions as a result) and reap referral rewards when applicable
- A professional, yet laid back environment where people have an opportunity to influence the industry and connect with other influential people within it
- Access to a community that is *absent of commercial advertising and where members information has 0% risk of being sold (*future sponsorships are a consideration)
- *Closed to recruiters. *Closed to journalists. *Exceptions exist for special circumstances. ie. You are not booted out if job your role changes. Closed to non *professionals (judged by experience, not job status)
- Deliberately minimal on-list moderation
While 3D-PRO may not be directly responsible for benefiting members financially, the knowledge, connections, and opportunities provided can be equally as valuable at times (if not more so).
Every member gets 1 year from the time of their list.3dpro.org join date to determine this for themselves.
Yes. And you can also do so anonymously if you want to.
Whether you’re an individual who wants to perform an act of kindness or a company that wishes to accommodate employees, you are more than welcome to cover the cost of someone else’s annual or lifetime membership.
Simply send payment as outlined on this page and be sure to include a note or specify the details of the member(s) you are paying for.
What if someone else has already paid?
Right now, people/companies who want to pay for other members (or employees) membership can ask me in advance if it has been paid or simply take a leap of faith.
But right now that window is slowly, but steadily closing as people are taking action to pay. So it is difficult to judge based on timing/randomness.
However, if someone pays for someone else’s membership and that membership was paid for within 60 days, I will *refund* the payment made by the person whose membership is being paid for and explain why.
Ie. “You are receiving a refund for your membership because [name/anonymous donor] has generously paid for it. No actions on your part are required.
However, you can now choose to pay this act of kindness forward in whatever way you wish. Including doing so in a fashion that has nothing to do with 3D-PRO. Maybe pay for someone’s coffee in line?
But if you wish to pay it forward to another member of our community, you may. Or you can pay for the membership of someone you wish to invite. Or you can allocate those funds to a future project or event associated with 3D-PRO that is designed to benefit our community. But you are under no obligation to do anything.“
Frankly, I don’t have a system for any of these variables in place because they are difficult to predict. So I am doing my best to accommodate everyone as fairly and smoothly as is humanly possible.